In 1863 an Episcopal church was established near Shipley by Rev. Mr. Newman, who was an excellent and kind-hearted man. A brick building was erected, but this congregation did not prosper as others. Service is now held here in summer only, by Rev. Mr. Farr, of Atwood.
William Johnston, December 31, 1902.
Shipley is a post office pure and simple, about two and a half miles west of Gowanstown, off which place it receives a tri-weekly mail.
From 'Illustrated Historical Atlas of the County of Perth Ont.'
published in 1879 by H. Belden & Co.