The English church in Mitchell was not organized till 1861, although services were occasionally held during that period extending from 1854 to 1860. During 1862 Old Trinity church was erected a frame building, where the congregation worshiped for nearly forty years. In 1899 the present elegant structure was completed at a cost of $5,000. Since Rev. Mr. Ralley, who was first stationed minister, was inducted, if advancement has not been rapid it has been steady, and from a very small beginning has now attained to 125 families, with a large number of adherents. A Sabbath school is conducted, with Mr. J. A. Blowes as superintendent, having an attendance of 130 pupils. Ministerial work is conducted by Rev. Mr. Howard.
William Johnston, December 31, 1902.
UPDATES: In March 1939, Trinity Church was lost in a fire. By the end of that year the current church building was opened on the same site.
The last Sunday worship service at Trinity was held 24 June 2012. A Service of Deconsecration with The Rt. Rev. Bob Bennett presiding was held 9 Sept. 2012. At the time it was part of the Parish of the Holy Spirit with St. Paul's Church, Clinton and St. Thomas Church, Seaforth.
William Johnston's history of Mitchell is at
Mitchell Ontario 1902