The Anglican church in Millbank is an old established congregation in Mornington, and was organized in 1856. For several years subsequent to that period services were held in the Presbyterian church, Rev. Mr. Newman, who was the apostle of Episcopalianism in the north, frequently officiating. In 1862 a brick building was erected, at a cost of $1,500. This was under the pastorate of Rev. H. Caulfield. Its membership at that period was not great, and it now has about fifty-six families, with Rev. Mr. Armstrong as incumbent. A Sabbath school is conducted in connection with this congregation, having an attendance of about 45 pupils.
William Johnston, December 31, 1902.
Note: William Clotworthy was the first Incumbent of Grace Anglican Church, Millbank and supervised the building of the first Church.
Mr. Clotworthy was born in Ireland.
He moved to Wardsville in 1859 and served Wardsville, Newbury and Mosa Township until 1861.
In the 1860's he was Incumbent of All Saints' Church, Mount Pleasant and St. Mary's Church, Cainsville.
William Clotworthy eventually returned to Ireland where he died in 1883.
A new larger Grace Anglican Church was built in 1905 on the original site in front of the old building.
Link: William Johnston's 1902 account of Millbank, Perth County, Ontario