The Anglican Church is one of the oldest organizations in town, it being first established in 1862, when the first church was built on Main street, west of the Grand Trunk Railway crossing. Rev. Canon Newman held the first services in the early days, succeeded by Rev. Andrew Elias Miller. This small frame edifice served for many years, eventually being moved down town to the present site, where it burned in 1895. The present magnificent edifice was planned by the late John Bamford assisted by J.L. Darling and the corner stone laid in 1896. The contract was given to Bamford Bros. and was completed and opened by Right Rev. Maurice Baldwin, D.D., Bishop of Huron in 1897.
The interior of the church is beautifully furnished and equipped with a fine pipe organ.
The officiating rectors in the new church were Rev. H.W. Jeanes, Rev. A.P. Moore, Rev. C.H. Buckland, Rev. N.A.F. Bourne, Rev. H.M. Lang-Ford and the present rector Rev. W.H. Dunbar, since 1916.
The church was consecrated Sunday, Nov 7, 1920, by the Right Rev. D. Williams, D.D., Bishop of Huron.
A very beautiful rectory was built the past summer, adjoining the church which enhances the appearance of the property.
From Listowel Ontario, Past and Present Souvenir of Old Boys' and Girls' Reunion published 1921.
There is another account by William Johnston of
Christ Anglican Church, Listowel, Ontario
Update: Today, Christ Church, Listowel is part of the 6-point Parish of the Resurrection.