These observations of the organization of Anglicans in nineteenth century Perth County, Ontario were made in History of Perth County 1825 - 1902 by William Johnston published by W.M O'Beirne at the Beacon Office, Stratford, Ontario in 1903.
William Johston was born in 1840 near Ayr, Scotland and settled in Blanshard in 1869. He cleared a bush farm, served as reeve of Blanshard, was secretary-manager of a farmer's mutual insurance company and president of a rural telephone company. He died in 1917.
Anglicans in the area were originally in the Diocese of Toronto. With the growth of south-western Ontario the Diocese of Huron was established in 1857.
An 1896 account by Rev. Charles H. Mockridge of the establishment of the diocese and its first bishop, Benjamin Cronyn is at the website:
Establishing the Diocese of Huron
Link: St James Church, St Marys, Ontario
The Mohawk Church near Brantford.